Thursday, October 9, 2014

2014 Benefit

I had been following the weather for a week and a half leading up to our October 5th benefit. At one point, a 60% chance of rain was predicted. I prayed, "Dear Lord Jesus, don't let it rain on that day!" Well it didn't. It rained the night before, so much so that the canopy over the patio at Tenochtitlan filled with water. We pushed them up, and emptied the rain when we arrived that morning, and we swept water off the patio. The sun came out and stayed out all day long. The only draw back was that the temperature dropped and it was cold. Where we didn't have as many people attend as I would have hoped, all day long people dropped in, saying, "I'm not staying, but here's a contribution for the good work you do." That helped to make this our most successful benefit yet.

A huge thank you goes out to Restuarante de Tenochtitlan. Their meals are excellent. To Tom Gerez and Alex Francois. Their music was better than excellent! The Blue Island FORUM. To Lenore Lallo, Carr Gardens, Interstate, Korbakes Liquors, Iversen's Bakery, Flowers by Cathe, Double Play Saloon, Franklin Framing, Maple Tree Inn, to Palos Lyons Club. To Grace Diaz, Samantha Tuman, Marie Jones, Lucie O'Connor, Debby Coyle, Angelina Kelly, Joey and Victor. Evelyn A. Vanek. And honestly, I think I would have lost my mind if not for my helpers, Becki and Jon Coyle, Chris Rondinella, and most particularly Mary O'Brien and Peggy Flood. And a huge thank you to all those who donated cash!